Video Graphic Designer Storyboard Artist
Ballistic Arts Media Studio is looking for a Video Motion Graphic Designer / Storyboard Artist to join our video team in Coquitlam, BC. This is a contract position with potential to develop into a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing quality illustrations and animations for videos, websites, and working directly with our Creative and Project Management teams.
***Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic projects
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Design and create graphics for video projects (illustrations, storyboards, styleframes)
- Solid understanding of video production processes
- Work with design and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with team members to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- English speaking
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience in design/video studio
- Exceptional design skills
- Degree in Video/Film Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator CC
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign CC
- Excellent knowledge in Photoshop CC
- Excellent knowledge of 2D animation
- Knowledge of C4D (not mandatory)
- Good knowledge of After-Effects CC
- A keen eye and understanding of marketing and advertising.
- Ability to sketch and create storyboards
- Strong understanding of design principles, trends and best practices
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks
- Committed independent and responsible worker
- Strong time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Likes to have fun!
AT A GLANCE
Employment TypeFull Time
ExperienceMid Level (2+ years)
Job FunctionVideo Motion Graphic Designer - Storyboard Artist